Here’ something new: Let’s scour the internet and look for old posts by me…found one! Super Smash Bros. Brawl online functionality discussion!
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:58 PM » Ndolger said:
I have port forwarded, static IP’d my Wii with absolutely no results. I cannot play a game with my friend who lives 5 miles away without 2 second lag. It is unplayable. Online was supposed to be the crown jewel of this game, and it’s so bad CHU CHU ROCKET looks at it and laughs. And it’s not just lag problems. The interface is retarded, there is no communication.
Would it be so hard to implement a lobby function? Where I might be able to you know…let somebody know I’m planning on starting a game without having to physically call them on the phone? How about Nintendo actually put to use the USB Keyboard support they added for this so many months ago. It’s REALLY not that hard to do. The lack of any ranking system also makes it pointless. I was so hyped about online and it’s been such a let down.
“With Anyone” is a laughing stock. Yes, let me play a 2 minute match…so thrilling. Wait don’t let me see their name it might offend me. Wait don’t let me know if I’m even playing a computer, I might cry if I see someone D/C. POKEMON lets you see someone’s name for crying out loud.
Friend Codes has been beaten to death but I won’t go there…other than to say they’re stupid.
It makes me furious when I think we could have had a much better online experience if only Sakurai would have dropped Subspace Emissary for the casual crowd and have actually put forth effort into a mode that people would be playing 5-6 years down the line. What? You plan on playing SSE for a half a decade? Oh sorry to have offended you…”
- An actual leaderboard
- The ability to play online private matches that don’t SUCK
- The ability to play public matches and FRIEND PEOPLE AFTERWARDS
- The ability to play public matches with DIFFERENT SETTINGS
- Oh the lag….the laaaaaaaggg…get rid of the lag! GET RID OF THE LAG!
- Use the MIC and video options on the Wii U tablet (and let the user mute / hide videos)
- Patches to BALANCE the roster
- Officially sanctioned tournaments
- A tournament mode
- Spectator mode
- I don’t know…any other normal “mode” associated with fighting games..COME ON NINTENDO!
- Something unique! Not freakin’ STICKERS and a boring single player mode!
If there’s one thing that I know about me, is I f’in LOVED Melee. Melee was a perfect game. Brawl was not a perfect game. DON’T SCREW IT UP SAKURAI! Or just give up and put Melee online!